It's true- there are just times when we can't help it but we just are not good neighbors- yesterday was one of those days. We have a gal in our neighborhood who is mentally challenged and is probably about 40ys old. Every day at some point she knocks on our door, rings the doorbell, looks in the windows until I answer the door. All she wants is for me to pray with her- she is sweet and sincere but this happens EVERY day. If she has missed me during the day then she will leave me notes on my garage door that say " please pray for ..... "
Yesterday, it's Sunday we are all home- lying around after church and what happens? the doorbell rings. Now, on Sunday you never know who it could be- people unexpectdly pop by so one of the boys jumps up to get the door quickly to discover that it is our cute neighbor but instead of answering the door he takes a dive down the hallway and yells " no way am I answering the door!" "Oh great" is my comment-
Todd starts telling everyone to be quiet and pretend we aren't home- " really?" is my comment-" I do this every day I think you can do it today" " Nope" he says- just can't do it. Nice one- so there you have it- if you see our cars in the drive way and you knock or ring the bell and we just don't answer I guess your turn was up- we're inside pretending we're not home.
Charles Houston
8 years ago





6 comments:
This story makes me laugh so hard. It's kinda like when I pretend I am not home when the JW's knock
Hey! I know I'm not on facebook, but Tyler says you are back off of work??? Let's talk!
Your family is a little crazy. : )
Hilarious!
funny funny funny! I can imagine this, but it would have been better to see it!
Haha! That is too funny.
Post a Comment