Tuesday, September 16, 2008

DESMOND IS 15

Desmond Todd Stevens


15 "HAPPY BIRTHDAY " balloons Yea- the yummy cake!
Although he would rather have his mothers yummy cupcakes

she is "maxed out" making them for her taste testing night so

so he gets the second best thing- an ice cream cake from 31
This is Des running in f rom a play but the 4 is blocking

his head.... see he does occasionally play!


It is honestly hard for me to believe that 15 years has already passed and my oldest child is now a HUGE 9th grade, football playing, seminary loving, technology obsessed, teenage boy. Today was a long day but FABULOUS! Of course spent the day at school- had the spaghetti lunch with all the players because it was game day. Had their first away game at REd Mtn High and played Shepherd who hasn't lost a game in 2 years. Des only got in to play a few plays but every little bit counts and the Panthers came away with another victory 14-6. The boys were screaming and yelling- not only are they now 3-0 but they knocked Shepherd off of their 2 year winning streak ( and made them cry to boot!) Todd picked up Des after the game- got him something to eat and to home where we were waiting with his birthday cake. Des got a new 30g ipod ( since his was stolen at school last year) and a Boston red sox hat . Aunt Julia was also there when we got home with a box of cherry dilly bars which are Desmonds fav. AHHH!!! what a good day! I never thought I would say that I actually love being the Mom of a teenager but Des makes it easy-he is truly an awesome kid whith an incredibly kind heart and phenomenal spirit. We LOVE DES!

6 comments:

Jo Dee said...

We love ya Des!

kellibattraw said...

I'm the worst Aunt ever, but the good news is that I haven't remembered any of the grandkids birthdays on the actual date. So, happy late birthday Des! ; )

Ryan Nelson Family said...

Considering I'm even later than Kelli I win the prize as #1 Aunt

Ryan Nelson Family said...

By the way Happy Birthday Des!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

CRAZY! It makes me feel old to have a 15 year old nephew & remember everything about when he was born!

The Foster Family said...

Can I have my own taste testing? I'm still bugged I couldn't come, and they all look so very very yummy. I can't believe how old yur kids have gotten- crazy. I swear, the years seem like a couple of months- time is really going by at a very fast pace these days. How can we make it stop or slow down?

STEVENS FAMILY