Thursday, September 4, 2008

POSTON PANTHERS CAN'T BE BEAT!

End of the game Poston "being good sports"
Poston Panthers in action
The start of the game Des is #76

Today was a really exciting day for Desmond. All the many long hours practicing in the AZ heat have finally paid off.I got home from work this morning- woke him up and he jumped right up to get ready. The players got to wear their jerseys to school and Des proudly displayed his as he walked out the door this am ( do you remember playing at that age and how cool you felt?!!!) Anyways- this crazy Mama is in charge of getting the spaghetti dinners together for the boys on game days. Today was the first one and thank heavens for the fabulous ladies who help me- it pulled together wonderfully. The whole football team ( 73 boys +coaches) gets fed 3 hours prior to the game. The boys were all so cute and UBER excited as they came out to eat- their excitement was in the air- it seriously gave me butterflies- I was just so nervous for them! A couple hours later and we were at Mtn.View High watching them play. It was a fantastic game and the Panthers pulled a win 34-27 . Des plays an offensive lineman and only got to play a few plays this game but it didn't matter to him. The stands were packed ( which I couldn't believe for a jr. high game) and after the win all the parents went to the exit and formed a tunnel and the boys ran by to get to the bus- it was awesome and the boys felt like celebrities! I LOVE that Desmond is such a positive child. I though he might be disappointed that he only got a couple plays in but NOT Des. He was so jazzed and just said that he had to work way harder so he could start next time ( how awesome is that?!) He is just all about the team and I sooo love that about him. Way to go Des!!!

9 comments:

Jo Dee said...

Maybe some day he'll be in the superbowl! Go Des!

The Richardsons said...

We thought it is great that Des' socks were the "one of these things doesn't belong here" in this line! You are good to do a spaghetti dinner--and we are excited for the cupcakes!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Yay! Go Des :)

Anonymous said...

We're the poston panthers, proud people are we... put it all together to win a victory! Woo! All the way with poston, with our mighty orange and white.... oops sorry, wrong colors now!!! Won't bore you anymore with the great ole fight song, go Panthers! Go Des! :)

Jen said...

We will be at the next one!!

Perkins Family said...

Hey that's awesome. It's nice to see your kids with good attitudes, it will get them far. Tyler's team is the Rocky Mountain Panthers....just thought it was funny they have the same mascot.

kellibattraw said...

I love his attitude too- I hope he never loses it! : )

Rebecca Irvine said...

Wow! Spaghetti for all those growing boys! What a feast that would have to be. Kudos for you and your willingness to do that.

The Wylers said...

Ah, the memories! I went to Poston way back when. Are the school colors still orange and brown? I always hated that about the school.

STEVENS FAMILY