Here is one of my favorite photos taken by the FabulousMs. Ashley.It makes me think of my little boy with his
2 huge older brothers who are his body guards.
You know how sometimes things just hit you - like a big board just smacked you in the face, or a huge light bulb goes off over your head? Today was one of those emotional days for me. It started last night while I was at work. My friend Jill was on her first night back after having just lost her Father to liver cancer. It was quick for him and she lost him only 3 months after his diagnosis. So, we were having one of those discussions about life and loss. And she propsed the question "is it possible to get thru a fairytale life without anything bad ever happening?" I was telling her about Christian and Stephanie Nielsen and what they are going thru, the amazing outpouring of love and support they are receiving, and then we got on the computer and were looking at her blog and her sisters cjane blog. The blogging world is new to Jill and she really got caught up in the amazingness of it all. I was reading a repost "the basket head syndrome' and it was right there that it all hit me.... it was a quote from Anna Quindlen about not rushing past the fleeting moments... " live in the moment" basically meaning why are we rushing around worrying about what we are making for dinner, where we need to be tomorrow,etc when we should slow down and take the time to enjoy the moment of our family and our children NOW. Really something so simple and something that we know but I just had my "A HA moment. " Since the moment I gave birth 15 years and 10 days ago I have felt guilt. Guilt that I didn't do this, or that.... that I didn't live up to this expectation, that I wasn't anywhere near how fabulous my Mom was, that I was a working Mom, and the list goes on. So, today is the day I am starting to take the time.... to make the time and "live in the moment"I am also starting My 52 blessings project and I will have a seperate link on my blog for it. Today is the day I will look for the positive and the happiness in my childrens lives and try not to constantly be rushing ...... just breathe and enjoy the moment. Yes, Jill I think we can get thru life enjoying every waking , breathing moment but there will be heartache and trials along the way. It just makes us who we are. I am not a perfect wife and Mom- never have claimed to be ( remember my guilt issue?)but I want to be better. I want to have more special moments with my children, I want to take more time and slow it all down because time is going too fast and I haven't taught them everything they need to know. I'm just going to take it one day at a time and just breathe.......





7 comments:
It truly is amazing you the years just rush by you. Good luck in your new adventure. Im behind you all the way!
I was just contemplating the very same thing a few weeks ago. It's amazing how fast time slips by us... if only all of us lived in the moment & could find happinesss in the now, what a better place it would be to live!
I can so relate with every word you said. I feel like this so many times, but have yet learned how to perfect and learn how to slow down to enjoy the moments. I too live with guilt. I think it is time I stop feeling guilty and live. I can be great a being a mom, wife, friend etc but I hold myself back by feeling bad about it. I have been obsessed with the whole nielson saga too and think I can't even imagine what they are dealing with. But as I read her blog I thought that is me only I let myself start with the guilt that I have too much other things to do. Aaaahhhh...I hate that! So i can't wait to hear what your link is to the positive things. I did a positive journal years ago. It worked great but I havent written in sometime. Oh well at least I am aware and wanting to change! Love ya Wendi!
Thanks for the reminder Wendi!
Thanks for that Wendi! I needed the reminder. I'm always so busy...I need to remember to slow down. Before I know it, my kids are going to be grown and gone. I'm going to really try to stop and enjoy the NOW more.
I read that post too and it totally hit me as well. I have been thinking about it every day and trying to be better about enjoying them moments now and not living in the future. I know you are such a great mother and so proud of your boys, who by the way are so handsome!
you said it so great, i need to do that too, life really is too short! love you!
Post a Comment